Patton SmartNode 4980 4 T1/E1 PRI VoIP GW-Router
Store #: 9737
Manufacturer Part No: SN4980/4E30V120R/UI
Free Shipping on all orders!
Most orders ship within 1 business day.
Patton SmartNode 4980 4 T1/E1 PRI VoIP GW-Router
The SmartNode™ 4980VoIP Gateway-Router allows Enterprises to IP-enable their legacy PBX systems. Evolving from Patton’s award winning SmartNode 4960 Series, the next generation SmartNode 4980 Series comes now with IPv6 upgradeable hardware.
Like every SmartNode™, the SN4980 supports every industry-standard CODEC to deliver toll-quality voice on every call. The Unified Communications Agent™ (UCA) provides any-to-any multi-path switching (simultaneous SIP, H.323, ISDN, and POTS calls with routing and conversion between TDM/PSTN and IP/Ethernet networks—plus T.38 and SuperG3 FAX). VoIP-over-VPN with voice encryption provides secure voice and data via IPsec with AES/DES strong encryption and automated keying via Internet Key Exchange (IKE). In addition, advanced call-router functionality includes least-cost call routing with flexible dialed-number plan support.
- 15 to 120 VoIP calls—with up to four T1/E1/PRI ports and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- VoIP Transcoding Option—Up to 60 channels for WAN bandwidth optimization.
- Proven Interoperability—SIP interop with major IP PBX, softswitch and VoIP Service Providers. Over 100,000 SmartNode deployments worldwide. ISDN/PSTN compliance in nearly every country.
- QoS and Security—Deliver secure, toll-quality voice communications with Patton’s DownStreamQoS™ with adaptive traffic management and shaping—plus secure voice-over-VPN with AES/DES strong encryption.
- Transparent Telephony Features—Complex number manipulation and mapping for seamless integration with existing infrastructures, CLIP, CLIR, hold, transfer and much more.
- High Precision Clock—Delivers DECT PBX interoperability with reliable fax performance.
- Flexible Mounting Options—The device can be placed on a desktop or installed in a 19-inch rack using the optional rack ear kit (INS-KIT-RACKEARS-11/19).
- Supported by SmartNode™ Redirection Service: A free service enabling zero-touch mass deployments for Service Providers and Distributors with auto-provisioning servers
Patton SmartNode 4980 4 T1/E1 PRI VoIP GW-Router Specifications
Up to four T1/E1/PRI ports (NE/TE) • Signaling support (ISDN DSS-1, NI-2, Q.SIG, CAS Robbed bit loop and ground start, E&M, immediate, wink, double wink) • ISDN AOC/ECT • ISDN speech, audio & data (Fax Gr 4, UDI 64, RDI64) • ISDN supplementary services • CAS protocols: RBS (Loop start, ground start, E&M wink, intermediate, double-wink) and R2/MFC-R2 (Q.400–Q.490 and Configurable country profiles), Fallback relays on four-port versions
SIPv2 (SIP Info, Update, PRACK, Privacy, Refer), B2BUA, Optional SIP Registrar and Transcoding, H.323v4 (H.235, Early H.245, H.245 tunneling, fast-connect)
||Codec G.711 a-law/mu-law, G.723, G.729ab, G.726, G727, T.38 fax relay (9.6 k, 14.4 k) • G.711 transparent fax and bypass • 128 ms echo cancellation
|Call Routing and Services
||Regular expression call routing and manipulation • number blocking • short-dialing • digit collection, distribution and hunt groups
||Dual 10/100/1000 TX Ethernet Ports • Autosensing • Auto-MDI • Full-duplex
||IP access router • DHCP Client & Server • RIPv2 • BGP • VRRP • Packet fragmentation • Firewall • NAT/NAPT RFC 1631 • Access Control Lists • DMZ port • IPsec VPN (Option)
|IP Quality of Service
||Voice priority • DownStreamQoS™ • traffic management, shaping policing • IEEE 802.1p, TOS, DiffServ labeling • IEEE 802.1Q, VLAN tag insertion/deletion 4,096
||Web/HTTP, CLI with local console & remote Telnet access • TFTP configuration & firmware loading • SNMP MIB II and product MIB • Secure autoprovisioning for firmware & unit/subscriber configuration • Built-in diagnostic tools (trace, debug, call generator)
|Power & Packaging
Desktop metal chassis
Dimensions: 30.1W x 4.5H x 18.1D cm (11.9W x 1.8H x 7.1D in.)
Weight: < 30 oz (850g)
External Power: 100–240 VAC (50/60 Hz)
Power Consumption < 15W
Operating temperature: 32 to 104° F (0 to 40°C)
Operating humidity: up to 90%, non-condensing
||EMC: EN55022 and EN5502 • Safety: EN 60950 • CE • FCC Part 15 Class A; Part 68; CS-03
If you want to buy a certain quantity and want a volume discount, submit this form and a sales advisor will be in touch with you shortly.
Looking for a manual for your product?
Check out our free product manual directory by clicking here.
Needs to find a local technician to service your equipment?
Our map of local technicians can help you find experts in your area that can help. Click here to view map
Need help adjusting the time?
We provide a tutorial on setting the clock on major phone system brands here.
Need to contact the product manufacturer? click here
to see a directory of their phone numbers.